Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ecua-Thanksgiving

So here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: rice and beans
Lunch: noodles and potato soup
Thanksgiving with my classes: Crackers, chips, and candy
Dinner: rice, french fries, and an egg
... a very ecua-thanksgiving (full of carbs)

Thanksgiving with my classes was really fun. They made turkey hands and wrote down what they were thankful for. A lot of them said they were thankful for me being their teacher (so sweet!). We also talked about the story behind Thanksgiving and they watched an episode of Friends about Thanksgiving. Then we sat down at a big table and ate and talked. This might have been one of my best Thanksgivings yet because I got to share the joy of the holiday with people who knew nothing about it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, we missed you at our Thanksgiving dinner in Columbus. Grandma and Aunt Nancy came here and we all went to Gail's home for dinner. We told Gail all about your adventures. Glad to hear that you had an enjoyable day, also. Looking forward to Christmas. I can't wait to hear how this day is celebrated in Ecuador!!
    Love ya'....gobble, gobble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you buddy! let's talk soon (thursday night? other than that i'm slammed) about ecuador.

    ReplyDelete