Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random update

This is my first full free day... so if you can't tell I've had a lot of time to do nothing (hence the 3 updates in one day).

Food:
I have been getting a lot of questions about the Ecuadorian diet. Here are a few examples of typical Ecuadorian meals. The last one is a typical "fast food" meal.
  • Eggs and toast
  • Soup with potatoes, rice, and veggies; mashed potatoes, rice, and broccoli
  • Soup with potatoes, rice, and veggies; chicken, rice, and salad
  • Soup with potatoes and eggs; rice, beans, salad
  • At Pizza Hut: Personal pizza, french fries, cheese sauce, and a soda
... they eat a lot of carbs...

As for Spanish, I had a good day today. I had a decent conversation with the cab driver on my way home. We chatted about how I will be teaching English in Ibarra for the next year and what I plan to do for the next two weeks in Quito. And I also got to hang out with my host mom by myself because Krista went out for the day. It was cool just chatting with her because she actually had to slow down and help me understand. I told her about my trip to Mindo and she helped correct some of my grammar. It really pumped me up for Ibarra when I will live by myself with a host family and learn a lot more Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pumped you have a blog. I just caught up on all of it - I'm jealous you're going to surpass me in Spanish! (if you haven't already) I've pretty much lost all my skills. It sounds like you're having a blast though, it must be awesome to be in a new place and experiencing a new culture again. I'll definitely continue checking up. Be safe! Have lots of fun! Drink some strawberry juice, haha.
    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete